On Monday, 20 January 2014 at 00:23:37 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:

Aurora will not be exposing any low-level API to the front-end, that would be a pretty serious encapsulation violation and could have some pretty bad consequences for the rest of the API.

Fair enough, it sounds like decisions have been made. :-) Personally, I think its a shame - it's not at all clear to me that abstraction and encapsulation deserve such primacy, at the expense of so many other things - but it is what it is. I look forward to seeing how the API shapes up.

Cheers

Matt Taylor