Am 19.01.2014 13:08, schrieb Xavier Bigand:
Le 19/01/2014 04:38, Adam Wilson a écrit :
Hello Everyone,
[...]
Like some other I think you can only use openGL as backend, and took a
lower version like openGL 2.1 (and shader version 1.40) which is
completely compatible with openGL ES 2.0.

GLSL is not compatible though.

In practice I don't think there is performance difference between openGL
and DirectX under Windows if both backend have the same level of
optimization. The only bad point of openGL under Windows is the bad
compatibility of drivers of Intel integrated chipset. Some don't provide
equivalent openGL functions supported by the DirectX version of drivers
notably when it concern shaders.
Fortunately today Intel provide all necessary functions in openGL
drivers. There is also the possibility to use Angle library.

You also have to consider OEM boards, that tend to only have DirectX drivers delivered with them.

--
Paulo