On Monday, 28 April 2014 at 23:02:03 UTC, bearophile wrote:
I think it could be a good idea to add something intermediate to D: optional strong typing for array indexing. I'd like to write a DIP on this someday (note that this does not mean I am suggesting D array indexes to optionally start from values different from 0. I am referring just to types, and enumerations are could be not supported).

Bye,
bearophile

Any reason why this needs language support? I haven't tried it, but I can't see why it can't be trivially done in a library.