On Thursday, 25 September 2014 at 00:52:25 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 9/24/2014 7:56 AM, Don wrote:
For example: We agreed *years* ago to remove the NCEG operators. Why haven't
they been removed yet?

They do generate a warning if compiled with -w.

What change in particular?
I've got a nasty feeling that you misread what he wrote. Every time we say, "breaking changes are good", you seem to hear "breaking changes are bad"!

It would be helpful having a list of what breaking changes you had in mind.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a themed update? Currently you and Andrei are busy with the C++ changes, when that is settling down maybe the community could focus on a cleaning house update. With clear update themes (which does not preclude the usual mixture of things also going on) people can air issues and get it ye or nay'd clearly. Combining the previously discussed auto-update code tool with a set of breaking changes would make sense.