On Thursday, 18 December 2014 at 11:21:09 UTC, Dicebot wrote:

Exactly what I have meant - we don't truly have END-users. There are more involved users and less involved users, each working on parts and tools he needs. Some of those users do it in spare time and for fun, few are paid programmers enhancing tools needed to use D in their company. But there is not a single person actually selling D or getting anything from its success, maybe apart from Walter himself. How can one have customers without having sellers?

We are all bunch of investors here.

SR Labs is using D under Windows and linux in production, since a long time: for example, D will be present at CES this year, powering an eye-tracker linux kiosk from the ground-up.

Sadly, currently we have not a single minute to spare, contributing back to the D ecosystem, but I've more than a hope that we can change that in the near future... finger crossed...
---
Paolo