On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:47:27 +0000
Sergei Nosov via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

> In the "debugger" case, Manu's point is that it's unusable. And
> Walter's implied point is "debuggers aren't that useful anyway,
> so why it was a showstopper?".
>
> My personal observation is that "excellent programmers" share the
> Walter's point on debuggers - they practically don't use it. And
> the uselessness is so obvious, that there's nothing even to talk
> about. At the same time, "good programmers" use it extensively,
> especially on Windows. It is so useful to them, that there's
> nothing even to talk about!

one of the things one can do if he is in corresponding position is to
ban debuggers. i found that after month or two people start producing
better code with better documentation and "control knobs". and
surprisingly faster. debugger is just a kind of bad habit, and when
people faced the fact that they will not be payed for work simulation
(and why should we?), they either go or becomes more productive.