On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:27:53 +0100
Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com>
wrote:

> On 08/01/15 22:02, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > am i fobidding someone to reply? O_O
> >
> > but yes, i want to create an impression that timewasters are not
> > welcome.
>
> Well, it's one thing if you make that decision about people who are in
> contact
> with you personally.  It's a bit different if you are unilaterally deciding
> make that decision as a member of a collective forum of people, because in
> that
> case it's a bit of an imposition on the rest of us.
and if i'm not reacting, it's painting *me* wrong.

> i.e. just because _you've_ decided that he's a timewaster, doesn't make it OK
> for you to try and make him feel unwelcome in a forum that belongs to a wider
> community.
if he is intelligent enough, he will understand that nobody can talk
for the whole community, so in the worst case he will ignore myself
personally. if he is not intelligent enough... oh, well, as nobody else
wants to be a judge, i will be one. i don't feel wrong calling someone
"timewaster" if he *is* one. and i can smell 'em from a distance.

this has nothing in common with "elitism", though. someone can't sing,
someone can't program. both skills can be trained, but not by asking
meaningless questions.

> Also, I don't know if you've ever had any contact or experience of this
> person
> in some other online space, but if not, it seems a bit harsh to jump to such
> judgement straight away, even if you've previously had bad experiences with
> people asking questions in a similar style.
it's like a doctor. often good doctor can see that something wrong with
another man without taking him to the clinic first. i'm a "timewaster
doctor" with a long practice. ;-) yet i'm still waiting for three bells
ringing before making my verdict. now i have five bells ringing.