On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 at 01:35:17 UTC, Ary Borenszweig
wrote:
On 1/19/15 9:17 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 1/19/2015 2:49 PM, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
So... how do you search for a function definition in D without an IDE?

I do a text search for the name of the function.

I've been programming in C, C++, and D for 30 years without an IDE. It
never occurred to me that this was not doable :-)

But the results will also contain invocations of that function. Do you go one by one until you find the definition?

First instance of function name preceding an open brace following a closed paren before a semicolon. Its a mouthful but the regex isn't that complex if you are comfortable with lookahead/behind