On Wednesday, 15 April 2015 at 09:39:09 UTC, XavierAP wrote:
also for: GUI cross-platform creation, graphics, multi-threading at low and high level, SQL, XML, JSON, networking on all layers from raw sockets to TPC and HTTP, FTP, etc... etc.; and since the reason for native is performance, I would also throw in some advanced math (linear algebra, Newton-Raphson, etc.) If you don't agree that this should be included in a standard library, I think you're kind of still sitting in the C++ choir even if you prefer D.

It is a good idea fix the pavement before you build bikes and wheelchairs. C++ is still fixing the pavement... Large sections of Python 2's pavement is largely unused. If anything D should focus on the basics.