On 2015-05-03 19:39, Robert burner Schadek wrote:

Not much code yet, I'm currently building the performance test suite
https://github.com/burner/std.xml2

There are a couple of interesting comments about the Tango pull parser that can be worth mentioning:

* Use -version=whitespace to retain whitespace as data nodes. We see a %25 increase in token count and 10% throughput drop when parsing "hamlet.xml" with this option enabled (pullparser alone)

* The parser is constructed with some tradeoffs relating to document integrity. It is generally optimized for well-formed documents, and currently may read past a document-end for those that are not well formed

* Making some tiny unrelated change to the code can cause notable throughput changes. We're not yet clear why these swings are so pronounced (for changes outside the code path) but they seem to be related to the alignment of codegen. It could be a cache-line issue, or something else

The last comment might not relevant anymore since these are all quite old comments.

--
/Jacob Carlborg