On 2015-05-05 12:41, "Mario =?UTF-8?B?S3LDtnBsaW4i?= <linkr...@github.com>" wrote:

Recently, I compared DOM parsers for an XML files of 100 MByte:

15.8 s tango.text.xml (SiegeLord/Tango-D2)
13.4 s ae.utils.xml (CyberShadow/ae)
  8.5 s xml.etree (Python)

Either the Tango DOM parser is slow compared to the Tango pull parser,

Yes, of course it's slower. The DOM parser creates a DOM as well, which the pull parser doesn't.

These other libraries, what kind of parsers are those using? I mean, it's not fair to compare a pull parser against a DOM parser.

Could you try D1 Tango as well? Or do you have the benchmark available somewhere?

or the D2 port ruined the performance.

Might be the case as well, see this comment [1].

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/vsbsxfeciryrdsjhh...@forum.dlang.org?page=3#post-mi8hs8:24b0j:241:40digitalmars.com

--
/Jacob Carlborg