bitwise <bitwise....@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:09:19 -0400, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 30/06/15 18:29, Dan Olson wrote:
>>
>>> Not to my knowledge, but please do try.  The D iOS toolchain built by
>>> [1] only creates the armv7 libraries, but I have all the pieces staged
>>> to support universal libs for running in the x86 iOS Simulator too.  I
>>> expect to have that up on github in a week along with prebuilt binaries.
>>>
>>> I am curious to see what App Store says about a submission.  If there
>>> are problems, then we can hopefully make fixes.  I will be happy to
>>> help
>>
>> The LDC runtime contains at least one private function, to access
>> TLS data.
>>

> That reminds me, I have to email tech support again. I tried emailing
> apple to ask if their private-API guideline applies to their
> open-source APIs as well. They were shutting down for 2 weeks at the
> time though.
>
>   Bit

The private APIs being called by osx_tls.c like
dyld_enumerate_tlv_storage() are overriden for iOS by using [1].  I can
change all dyld prefixes in theadLocalVariable.c to something else and
remove all code not needed.  That would leave a call to private API
dyld_register_image_state_change_handler() in threadLocalVariables.c,
but it looks to me like it could be rewritten to use
_dyld_register_func_for_add_image().  Tried it and seems to work.

[1]
https://github.com/smolt/iphoneos-apple-support/blob/master/threadLocalVariables.c#L345