On 01/07/15 17:03, bitwise wrote:

Now, I'm working on implementing something like Martin's _dso_registry
approach for registering the images. The part I'm having a hard time
with is getting my loader code into the object files. Basically, I need
to put a small function into each object file as a local comdat symbol.
This is a lot more difficult than it first seemed. Martin has done this
through manually writing assembly byte codes and whatnot to the
object-file. I'm still hoping I will find a simpler way of doing this.

Could you try using C? I know Clang/GCC has a lot of attributes, something like __attribute__((section ("<section name<"))) or similar.

--
/Jacob Carlborg