On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 13:10:02 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
I mean this:

On Monday, 13 July 2015 at 07:11:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
Here's the deal: there is no such thing as a general purpose (system) language in the empirical sense. We might have been lead to believe that C or C++ were general purpose, but that only happend because there were no visible viable alternatives. C is more and more becoming a kernel/embedded language, C++ is more and more becoming a legacy/niche language. C++ is only a game dev language after you add various extensions (e.g. simd). It is only a number-crunching language after you add some other extensions.

Yes, that is what I believe is about to happe, as LLVM has lowered the threshold for new languages... People slowly gravitate towards the most comfortable language for their application domain as they establish themselves.