On Wednesday, 15 July 2015 at 07:22:36 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
I use the GCC extensions/compiler hints… I think many include those in their C++ usage since Clang also support them. I think D would be better off by incorporating the same feature set (with a nicer syntax).

The only thing I've found lacking in D compared to C++ is the extremely fragmented SIMD support.

Some compiler hints that gcc offers are provided as language features in D(function attributes,) and the others are offered as vendor specific features(LDC, GDC both offer the equivalent of __builtin_expect for example.)

GDC and LDC both respectively offer just as many tunables as their C++ counterparts, IMO. I'm not even sure if most people realize e.g, PGO works with D, or LTO, or the new LLVM/GCC sanitizers, etc.