On Thursday, 16 July 2015 at 11:00:19 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
Well, there are lots of Geometry Wars clones in XNA and LibGDX.

The point is more this: the majority of interactive applications you can do easily in Java/C#/Swift/Javascript are going to be written in those languages for _very_ good reasons. I would too.

If desktop applications are a target then you need a feature set that makes it easier to write those applications that are difficult to do well in Java/C#/Swift/Javascript.

That makes you an attractive platform for new application frameworks.

As for Vulkan, I have the strong feeling it is DOA, with Apple, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft favoring they own APIs.

It takes years before you get full adoption after standardization.

Vulkan/Metal does not matter. What matters is that you do better CPU/GPU integration for common hardware than the competing solutions. It could be just latest generation of iOS/OSX for a start. That alone is a pretty big market.