On Thursday, 23 July 2015 at 10:24:18 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 23/07/2015 10:16 p.m., Tofu Ninja wrote:
[...]
Though it seems like D is already be moving in that direction. Color and
image being worked on,

We need image for a lot more then just game dev. Without it, we will never get a GUI toolkit. Web dev will also suffer, barcode generation anyone?

allocators and less reliance on GC, and all the

Any high performance program including web development requires allocators and friends. In fact, right now allocators are the only way to do web development in D properly. With having each request able to allocate things temporarily and have it auto deallocate without the GC being a burden.

Thats the great part about focusing on game dev, is that it's needs are so applicable to other domains.

Gl3n, we need to get that into Phobos. My knowledge of math isn't good enough to do it. But it should already be pretty reliable on that side of things. It just need to be modified to Phobos standards/requirements.

It's an old library, but a damn good one. We would be stupid to not get it in. People are remaking it poorly as it is.

https://github.com/Dav1dde/gl3n

Yeah, even I have my own personal matrix lib, but like you said, a poor remake.