On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 12:19:25 UTC, motaito wrote:
Hi,

I haven't used D before and wanted to take a closer look at it. However, there are a few things that keep me from doing so. Most notably I am somewhat confused about the state of GUI's. I have looked at a couple projects and online resources, but the resources I found seam to be quite outdated. Sorry in advance, if I have missed some update on the topic. I wanted to ask, if there is something in the workings (or already done) to provide a standard way to create GUI's. Something supported by D, not an independent project. Independent projects tend to scare me away, as they almost always get abandoned at some point. I am looking for a cross platform (Windows, Linux, BSD) solution.

[...]

Have a look at GtkD and DWT - they are the most complete. I've written small apps using both and they work :-) With GtkD you can use the Glade Builder to simplify design of the GUI elements.