On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 16:40:56 UTC, Jim Hewes wrote:
I'm in a similar place as you are. While D is better than C++, right now C++ plus JUCE is better for me overall than D plus <whatever GUI lib>. C# plus WPF seems attractive too except that WPF isn't cross platform. Anyway, I still always keep an eye on D.

Yeah, it's a shame that the mono framework does not support WPF. I think WPF and MEF are the two most powerful features from .NET (for me anyway, that may be subjective). And working in visual studio is really nice too. I wish there was a cross platform IDE like that. I don't quite like the text editor from eclipse, but I haven't used it in a while. Maybe I need to give it another try.