On Thursday, 24 December 2015 at 17:20:02 UTC, JerryR wrote:
On Thursday, 24 December 2015 at 14:48:46 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
Often when you see breakage it's the compiler actually enforcing a pre-existing rule that the code in question broke.

So that made me think, there is any flag that I could turn on, and pass by over those errors?

JerryR.

No, because then we'd be stuck supporting every piece of code that used to compile, whether or not it was ever legal code. Illegal code that compiles is a bug; bugs must be fixed.

There are some changes that could be handled in the way you describe, e.g. the -dip25 flag. Doing more of these risks getting in to complicated interactions between them.

It's a reasonable request, but it's not going to happen except in carefully limited cases.