On 01/20/2016 03:25 AM, deadalnix wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 January 2016 at 02:15:27 UTC, Manu wrote:
The C++ namespace semantic doesn't have a proper analogy in D, and the
D code is already organised into modules anyway making mirroring of
the C++ semantic irrelevant.
We don't mirror C/C++ semantics in other facets of the bindings, we
just make it link. There's no reason to deviate from that pattern
here.
Nobody seems to want to address the problem points I raise in my last
email though. If it was benign, I wouldn't care, but it causes way
more harm than good.

What happens when one has conflicting symbols in 2 C++ namespaces ?

D's mapping of C++ namespaces could just mimic how import resolution
work : allow qualified and unqualified access to the symbol when there
is no conflict, forces you to use the qualified one when there (or to
create an alias, or whatever).

That's how it works. However, two namespace declarations with the same identifier will conflict, unlike in C++.