On Thursday, 30 June 2016 at 23:48:29 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Thursday, 30 June 2016 at 22:48:44 UTC, dalailambda wrote:

I think if dub were distributed with DMD, along with a utility to install global programs (that way a D plugin can just call `dub install workspace-d` or similar), it would make it very easy to get started with D.

DUB only recently hit 1.0. Now that it has, it is planned to begin bundling it with DMD.

Oh, and I forgot to add that DUB is not intended generally intended as a package installer. That said, you've got 'dub fetch package-name' already, which will pull a package down into the cache. If it's an executable, you can then do 'dub run package-name'.