On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 11:10:54 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
I started to learn programming (BASIC) with an traditional home computer in the 80's
(Schneider/Amstrad CPC6128).

The best thing was, you only needed to switch it on and only with typing "DRAW 640,400" a line was drawn from the bottom left to the top right corner.

Now give someone a new computer and ask him to do the same?
How many years of computer experience will be needed?
How many tool would I need to install?

I too learned to program using BASIC sometime in the mid-80's. The "enterprise" side of things has created a completely unnecessary learning curve. Java being used to teach intro to computing was successful at exactly one thing - it drove people away from programming.

I spend my days working with graduate students in economics departments. They have to program for their research, but most of them have never taken a programming class. I use RStudio server. Students need only a browser to do fairly complicated analyses. Once you eliminate the startup costs, it's amazing how easy it is for them to learn.

Do we have such a thing with D? Unfortunately we are moving in the wrong direction. New users are told to write configuration files for Hello World.