On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 15:32:26 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 11:10:54 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
I started to learn programming (BASIC) with an traditional home computer in the 80's
(Schneider/Amstrad CPC6128).

The best thing was, you only needed to switch it on and only with typing "DRAW 640,400" a line was drawn from the bottom left to the top right corner.

Now give someone a new computer and ask him to do the same?
How many years of computer experience will be needed?
How many tool would I need to install?

I too learned to program using BASIC sometime in the mid-80's. The "enterprise" side of things has created a completely unnecessary learning curve. Java being used to teach intro to computing was successful at exactly one thing - it drove people away from programming.
Do we have such a thing with D? Unfortunately we are moving in the wrong direction. New users are told to write configuration files for Hello World.

I started on a (then obsolete) Acorn Electron and later moved to QBasic.

This article was written not too long ago. First I laughed; then it convinced me :)

http://www.nicolasbize.com/blog/30-years-later-qbasic-is-still-the-best/
(Cached version because it seems to be down:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZyMCKqG-ZKMJ:http://www.nicolasbize.com/blog/30-years-later-qbasic-is-still-the-best/+qbasic+is+still+the+best&hl=ja&gbv=1&ct=clnk
 )

I wish everyone teaching beginner programming would read that.