On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 15:17:51 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 13:15:41 UTC, Ryion wrote:
On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 10:05:29 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
The following are a must:
    no large install footprint

Visual Studio Code seems to be what you need.

[...]

Relative low memory footprint for the functionality ( compared to several IDEs that do the same ).

[...]

The (must) requirement was install footprint, not memory footprint, and as Visual Studio code uses the electron framework[1] its install footprint is gigantic (about 180MB vs e.g. TextAdept's 20MB).

It isn't that gigantic in comparison. You can say the same thing in comparison with vim which is only a 2MB install size, 20MB in comparison is gigantic. The requirements are rather vague, you can interpret it in a number of ways. I wouldn't consider 200MB gigantic in comparison to 20MB cause there is literally no difference of use for me. You'd have to have a really shitty laptop for it to be an issue.