Hello Gareth,

I actually like the newsgroup format (more than modern web forums) now
that I've gone to the trouble of setting up Thunderbrid but I guess
they did put me off initially.

Well, that's one data point for you.

I've said it before, but I might as well say it again; I'm of the same opinion, News groups are my first choice for online communities. I think the primary reasons for this is that it 1) doesn't require me to keep hitting refresh, 2) works offline and 3) allows me to use whatever interface I darn well choose.

If D were to quit providing a NNTP interface, I'd loose interest in participating in these discussions. Heck, (HINT, HINT, HINT) the fact that Tango has a forum rather than a news group is half or more of the reason I don't use it.

--

<IXOYE><