Yigal Chripun wrote:
IMO, we should have a registration system for regular people, not for censoring purposes but for keeping track. there are many posts by different people that call themselves with the same name and it seems confusing and unproductive to me. people don't have to register with their real names if they don't want to but at least I could tell the difference between john and john1 when I'm answering to john. Also, regular folks can ensure by registering that no-one else can reply to posts in their names.

I've thought about building such a system for these forums many times. Registration would not be required to post, but registering would enable features like voting on posts, establishing a profile, preferences, etc.