On 17/08/10 06:06, lurker wrote:
Doxygen STILL doesn't support D. What does this tell?
It tells that C++ is crappy for software development.

On the contrary.  Time and time again I try to restart a pet project of
mine in D and time and time again I find myself reverting to C++.
This tells me, not so much that D is crappy for software development,
rather that D cannot cut the production code that I can currently
produce at less cost and *angst* than in C++.

Mind you, I do wish for something better than C++ but for my enterprise,
D does not do it in the large.  D remains for me a cute language for
small production runs akin to a little bit of Algol-ish scripting.
Throw a bit of static type-checking into Javascript and a decent
macro facility and JS might cut it just as well ;-)

Still I lurk around here for maybe much the same reasons as others:
a hope for some Nirvana in the future and this NG being a nice place
to share that future hope for in the present.

Cheers
Justin Johansson