On 9/16/10 12:59 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Robert Jacques"<sandf...@jhu.edu>  wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:07:20 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org>  wrote:

http://d-programming-language.org

  From David Gileadi: the annoying Google Translate bar behavior on
browsers with other languages has been fixed, the behavior when
shrinking and growing the window size has been improved, the Reddit
button is gone, and a few styles were changed.

Could have sworn I sent this already, it just disappeared.

Andrei

Hi Andrei,
The site still has major issues rendering with Opera (10.62). I've linked
to a screen-shot (http://i56.tinypic.com/wakrw5.png) This is simply not
usable. Given that I don't have any html experience, is there still
something I can do to help fix this? (because otherwise the new site looks
good.)

I've very little experience with Opera, but that looks like some sort of
internal redraw problem. And the HTML is very basic-looking to me.

Some things that might help narrow it down:

- Try turning off JS and reloading. (Maybe the translate widget is screwing
things up?)

- See if Opera has a way to choose the stylesheet to use and/or a way to
disable style-sheets. If so, try switching to the embedded "print"
stylesheet, and try disabling it. If opera doesn't have that ability, do
this:

    1. Save the HTML page source.

    2. Save http://www.d-programming-language.org/css/print.css to the same
directory.

    3. Edit the HTML page, and on this line near the top:
           <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/style.css" />
       ...change "css/style.css" to just "print.css", and open the HTML page
in Opera. See how that looks.

    4. Edit the HTML page again and remove these two lines:
           <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css" />
           <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/print.css"
media="print" />
        ...and open it again and see how that looks.

Good suggestions. May I also suggest sending that screenshot to the Opera developers? http://www.opera.com/support/bugs/