On 18.12.2010 19:40, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"torhu"<n...@spam.invalid>  wrote in message
[...]
I don't mean to sound like an Outlook Express evangelist constantly banging
an OE drum, but I've been using OE for years and never had any issues like
that. Which actually makes me really puzzed, even though TBird's and OE's
uses and basic interfaces are very similar:

- Thunderbird apparently has *data loss/corruption* issues, and yet it's
very popular.
- OE *doesn't* have data loss/corruption issues, and yet it's widely
looked-down upon.

So what's wrong with this picture?

IIRC, I decided against using EO because I wasn't satisfied with its keyboard navigation. TB is has good keyboard navigation, bar a couple of bugs that you learn to work around.

I suppose the dataloss issues could be caused by my profile being old. Can't remember if I've tried starting with a new profile or not to fix the issues, but I think I have. I wouldn't be surprised if the newsgroup implementation is buggy. I guess I don't expect starting with a clean profile over again to actually help.