On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:35:34 +0200, Lutger Blijdestijn <lutger.blijdest...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm pretty happy that my Fedora repositories are just a handful, most of
which are setup out of the box. It's a big time saver, one of it's best
features. I would use / evaluate much less software if I had to read
instructions and download each package manually.

I don't see how this relates to code libraries. Distribution repositories simply repackage and distribute software others have written. Having something like that for D is unrealistic.

True, though one of the cool things Gregor did back the days with dsss is
automagically run unittests for each package in the repository and publish
the results. It wasn't perfect but gave at least some indication.

I think that idea is taken from CPAN. CPAN refuses to install the package if it fails unit tests (unless you force it to).

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                            mailto:vladi...@thecybershadow.net