On 1/18/11 6:36 AM, Lutger Blijdestijn wrote:
Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:35:34 +0200, Lutger Blijdestijn
<lutger.blijdest...@gmail.com>  wrote:

I'm pretty happy that my Fedora repositories are just a handful, most of
which are setup out of the box. It's a big time saver, one of it's best
features. I would use / evaluate much less software if I had to read
instructions and download each package manually.

I don't see how this relates to code libraries. Distribution repositories
simply repackage and distribute software others have written. Having
something like that for D is unrealistic.

Why? It works quite well for Ruby as well as other languages.

Package management something we really need to figure out for D. Question is, do we have an expert on board (apt-get architecture, cpan, rubygems...)?