On 2011-05-20 18:13:30 -0400, Daniel Gibson <metalcae...@gmail.com> said:

I think in the case of git it's just a bit of bad luck.. as I wrote in
another branch of this thread, Linus probably didn't care at all about
Windows when developing git (it was meant to be used for Linux kernel
development) and because it relies heavily on bash it's hard to port to
Windows without msys or cygwin (which provide bash).

Sometime wanting to get to every platform at first try puts restrictions on what you can do or how fast you can develop. Time helps overcome those early limitations, but the early adopters suffer.

For git, I think libgit2 will help a lot once it's complete.
<http://libgit2.github.com/>

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.com