On 1/13/2012 11:06 AM, Peter Alexander wrote:
import core.simd;
void main()
{
float4 a = void; // float a; doesn't work either
a = simd(XMM.PXOR, a);
}

*** Internal error: backend/cgcod.c 2048 ***

Are all those instructions implemented? I seem to get the same for all
instructions.

The instructions are implemented, it's the initialization that isn't and is
failing.

Also, slight bikeshedding issue: I'm not so sure on using names like int4 for
vectors. You see things like int32 a lot to mean a 32-bit integer, or int8 to
mean an 8-bit integer. Using this notation for vectors may be confusing.

As for what to change it to, I don't really care. int4v, vec_int4, int_vector4,
anything. It doesn't matter.

If int4 is out, I'd prefer something like vint4. Something short.