On Monday, 26 March 2012 at 10:46:39 UTC, Chris W. wrote:
I am using D for cross platform development. I recently implemented C wrappers for D. It works fine (Mac OS X). I could also create a Python module that consists of both D and C code (the C code is really just the wrapper for the module's functionality that is completely in D). It also works with Lua.

I think the decision to make C logic part of the language was a very very good idea. The dream of every cross platform developer.

Great to hear someone with experience with it. Was there any issues with the code that had to be tweaked depending on the OS? When I was looking at C++, there was implementation defined data type sizes, endieness, implementation defined order of variables in a struct, etc. On that topic, what do I have to consider in D if I want binary compatibility in files saved on different OS's?