On Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 15:11:50 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 10:15:36 UTC, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
Actually, I prefer Boost only because it is slightly more popular […]

Not to argue about the Boost license being popular in the D community, and not that the question would really matter, but what leads you to this general conclusion? I couldn't find any credible statistics on a quick Google search, but a numer of well known projects use the/a MIT license (X, Ruby on Rails, Mono, Lua, …).

David

I wish I could delete that post :) My claim is not based on any research.
However, I prefer Boost because:

"The Boost Software License is based upon the MIT license, but differs from the MIT license in that it:

(i) makes clear that licenses can be granted to organizations as well as individuals;

(ii) does not require that the license appear with executables or other binary uses of the library;

(iii) expressly disclaims -- on behalf of the author and copyright holders of the software only -- the warranty of title (a warranty that, under the Uniform Commercial Code, is separate from the warranty of non-infringement)

(iv) does not extend the disclaimer of warranties to licensees, so that they may, if they choose, undertake such warranties (e.g., in exchange for payment)."

http://ideas.opensource.org/ticket/45