On Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 09:58:52 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"David Nadlinger" <s...@klickverbot.at> wrote in message
On Monday, 16 April 2012 at 11:57:29 UTC, Bernard Helyer wrote:
Oh god, what did we decide on? Boost?

Imho, MIT is just fine for a compiler. It's not like a line of attribution is much to ask when you are getting an entire compiler fronend for free - in fact, applications should probably mention the compiler frontend they use in the docs anyway in case there are incompatibilities, .

There's no attribution in MIT.

Yes, there is no attribution: https://github.com/roman-d-boiko/SDC/blob/master/LICENCE. It is very similar to Boost. Actually, I prefer Boost only because it is slightly more popular and because the D standard library uses it. I'm perfectly happy with MIT, though, and already cloned SDC :)

Just interested about motivation behind choosing MIT.