On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 02:45:00AM +0200, Mehrdad wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 May 2012 at 00:39:22 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
> >If you were to do this with some text-based tool, it'd be next to
> >impossible IMO, since you'd have to edit XML settings, and keep
> >track of all the repetitions (e.g. something might appear under a
> >Debug node but not a Release node, etc.).
>

> Btw:
>
> The "correct" way to do what I intended was to use Property Sheets,
> which are meant to be 'templates' for project settings.
>
> Obviously, a lot easier than writing a macro -- just set the settings
> by hand once, and merge them with your projects later.
>
> (Pretty sure your CLI tool doesn't have that either. :P)
[...]

That just went way over my head. Why do you need to use some fancy
feature with some fancy name just for changing some settings?

But over the years, I've become convinced that anything worth doing can
always be done at the command-line, faster, and with much more
flexibility. But then again, I *am* a command-line freak... y'know, to a
hammer, every problem is a nail, etc.. :-) Most programs that require
elaborate non-text configuration formats also tend to be bloated
GUI-bound mammoths that aren't really in my consideration anyway, so
*shrug*.

LINUX = Lousy Interface for Nefarious Unix Xenophobes.