Jeeze, guys, OT? The OP didn't ask about ADA, or exploding rockets. I, personally, would think that D is perfectly capable of handling a MMORPG client, as it has proven to be very capable of pretty much all the tasks required. Derelict is your friend here, I'd wager, allowing you access to libraries such as SDL, OpenGL (should you go onto a 3D client, maybe for a later game), sound libraries and more, while multi-threading and timing are handled just fine by Phobos, as are file manipulations which includes ZIP archives, and memory-mapped files