On Saturday, 11 August 2012 at 09:40:39 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/11/2012 1:57 AM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
Because experience shows that even the yellers tend to do the short, convenient one rather than the longer, correct one. Bruce Eckel wrote an article about this years ago in reference to why Java exception specifications were a failure and actually caused people to write bad code, including those who knew better.

I have to agree here.

I spend my work time between JVM and .NET based languages, and
checked exceptions are on my top 5 list of what went wrong with Java.

You see lots of

try {
} catch (Exception e) {
  e.printStackException();