On 9/17/12 12:41 PM, deadalnix wrote:
Le 17/09/2012 15:12, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :
On 9/17/12 6:52 AM, deadalnix wrote:
Regardless, the solution at this point is going to be to add
std.typecons.NonNullable. It would be in there already, but the pull
request
with it needed more work, and it hasn't been resubmitted yet.

I don't think this is implementable as a lib in a satisfying way.

It is, but it needs just a bit of language support in constructors.
Walter never got around to it.

Andrei

So it isn't. That was my point. You need the compiler to help you on
that one.

I don't think that was your point. My understanding is that your point was that (a) with or without @disable, one cannot implement NonNull pointers in the library, and (b) there is need for _specific_ support for NonNull in the language. Our position is that NonNull is only one of several instances of a much more general pattern, which can be addressed with @disable once it is properly tracked inside constructors.