From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:digitalradio@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of kd4e
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:00 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] NTS and traffic handling and digital

Satellite internet is not mission-critical reliable.

It could be disasterously foolish to design a solitary
dependency on such a non-redundant system, same as the
prior foolishness of "we have cell phones, we don't
need Ham radio".

This is not to say that ill-informed decisionmakers
brainwashed by high priced salesmen won't repeat the
errors of the past.

Does it occur to anyone as a lesson to be learned
that dependency on sensitive technologies like satellite
phones, cellphones, and complex Motorola/Ericsson/etc
systems which are typically first to fail and slow to
restore?

Sigh.  doc

> Truthfully, the satellite internet communications connections cost less per
> year than one HF rig and even over three years cost less than the equipment
> required to run W2K or like systems...and the speed is much greater.
>
> Therefore, I believe the organization will be moving away from using amateur
> radio all together in the future.

A blessed New Year to all!
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

30-70% Off Christian Books, CD's, DVD's, etc.
http://edenacres.bibleseven.com/b2i/b2i-index.html

            |_|___|_|
            | | & | |
               {|
       /\      {|
      /  \     {|
     /    \    {|
    /   @  \   {|
    |   |~_|~~~~|
    |   -| |    |
============\ #   http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html
West Central Florida

      /\ /\
?(~~~{ @ @ }  Sent from
  (      *     Puppy Linux
  (        )   http://www.goosee.com/puppy
   ~~~~~~~~~
   / /   / /

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  66.24.213.216

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  66.24.213.216