I have come to agree with you and Howard on this, John. We should
replace all of 97.221 with the following 27 words:

"No automatic station shall transmit on an already-occupied
frequency, or without identifying in 15 wpm CW at the beginning of
each 5 minute interval of operation."

Polite automatic stations can operate where they like. Control
operators for rude automatic stations will lose their licenses. No
sub-bands. No mercy.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, John Bradley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> why would we re-do regulations which have been in effect for 50
years, or longer,  allowing SSB down to 14100 and 7050 in Canada?

> Lately those regulations are no longer in effect but I have yet to
see anyone operating below those freq's, so far respecting the
> "gentleman's agreement" which is how our band plan is now run.
>
> I can't , for the life of me, understand why you guys keep getting
mired in the desire for more regulations, completely out of step
with the rest of the globe.

> John
> VE5MU

Just
>   like you
>   > > > > can today. No one loses anything. In fact, it is the
exact
>   opposite
>   > > > > because other hams will gain the privelege to use more
modes
>   over a
>   > > > > wider area. Particularly voice modes since they are the
>   overwelmingly
>   > > > > most popular modes and use the most bandwidth for a given
>   amount of
>   > > > > communication intelligence.
>   > > > >
>   > >