From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:17 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] The digital throughput challenge on HF

At 04:29 PM 8/23/2006, you wrote:

>It in deed would. That is the reason Pactor and Amtor
>work so well. It's the AQR - even with the hi S/N needed.

There is some value to ARQ, I wonder how we would quantify the
advantage?  In a point to point link I think it would be easy, but in a
point to multipoint network, I think the value is significantly
diminished.  From an efficiency standpoint, broadcast modes like soundcard
modes are very efficient.  Point to point modes can be very reliable and
very accurate, but very inefficient.  I am not sure how one quantifies
these differences.  When it comes to speed and or throughput, we have the
bandwidth, power, and coding barrier with which we much deal.

73,

Mark N5RFX