jgorman01 writes:
 > just did this using my RF generator.  WWV at 5 Mhz is about 10 over
 > S9.  The generator is at about S5 with no antenna connected and the
 > lead just resting on top of the transceiver.  When I switch the
 > generator on, the S-meter moves not a bit.  You would expect it to
 > jump considerably if the RF signals were being added together.

If the S-meter calibration is the classic 6 dBs per S-number, the
ratio between S5 and S9+10dB is 34 dB, or a factor of more than
2500:1.  1 uW added to 25 mW, for example, should not be expected to
make a visible difference in a meter reading.

73 de KW6H, ex AE6VW

--
Chris Jewell  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Gualala CA USA 95445

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: