kd4e wrote:

>  I am puzzled as to why one digital signal works well under poor
>  signal conditions and another does not.

You have to define "poor conditions" somehow.

It may be noise, multipath, ionospheric doppler, fading, etc. Each one
produces a different impairment, depending on the modulation and
coding used. And generally you have several impairments combined,
on various degrees of  severity, to make it even "more interesting".

Without a proper characterization, the results can be very confusing.

One of the fortunate phrases of Lord Kelvin states that you must
express magnitudes numerically to be able to grasp their meaning and
leave fuzziness aside.

Doesn't  mean it may be easy....

73, Jose

XIII Convención Científica de Ingeniería y Arquitectura
28/noviembre al 1/diciembre de 2006
Cujae, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/convencion

<*> Your email settings: