I am with you Rick.  I see no need for faster, wider signals on a daily
basis, and that is where most hams are.  I am not going to spend dollars to
set up something that just gets "exercised" once a quarter or even once a
month to support something that is not going to give ME a return.  Again, I
will say: It is well and good for hams to volunteer to run emergency
communications for government agencies, because they have the training to do
so, understand props, and many are retirees who can give the time.  The
local, state, and federal governments want our help - then they should
provide the equipment and the bandwidth for its use- and that bandwidth is
out there, assigned to agencies now.

Lets see if we can get this digitalradio group back to hamming subjects.  If
those who are interested wish to do so, please go start up another group.
Call it  "emergencydigitalcommunications" or whatever, but lets get back to
amateur basics here, and quit bothering the rest who couldnt give a tinkers
dam about 16 kc wide, multi mega baudot commercial equipment "just in case"
the government wants someone to use it, someday.

Danny Douglas N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all
DX 2-6 years each
.
QSL LOTW-buro- direct
As courtesty I upload to eQSL but if you
    use that - also pls upload to LOTW
    or hard card.

moderator  [EMAIL PROTECTED]