Steve,

1. With your experience with the MIL-STD-188 serial tone modems on HF,
what is your assessment as to their performance under various conditions
compared with other modes?

2. Our Section terminated a Pactor I BBS system and moved the equipment
from amateur radio to the SHARES program where they do use this mode but
I believe they have a dedicated frequency for digital operation.

3. If MARS and SHARES are moving toward ALE, they must find this mode to
work the best. Have you found ALE to be a pretty good mode for message
traffic, documents? How does it compare to other modes? Any downside?