I have had an AEA 232MBX, in fact two of them, for quite some time now.

I used to use them all the time for RTTY and packet, but I am wondering if
these units no longer any good for Ham Radio, because of
the advent of Computers, the Digital Software for RTTY and Telnet for spotting
and the passing away of PACTOR I.

I know I can get upgrades for them for soundcard, ect. But is there any use in
doing that since I run soundcard applications from
the computer. Are they of more advantage than the sound card on my computer or
would I be wasting my time, money and effort?

Can someone tell me if these are good for *anything* viable these days or is it
true that they are just dinosaurs now?

I cant understand how they are still being sold at such high prices new, if
they are of no use, I just don't know what to use them
for that would be useful.

Thanks
Bob AD5VJ