Hello Andy,

    The WIN DRM program seems to run and I have downloaded the melp.dll file
plus the “tune” wav file.  But it does not key the rig using the same comm 3
line or Rigblaster settings that MixW successfully uses.   Win DRM will make
the “digital sound” using the “TX Voice” button when the settings are Comm 3
and RTS is High on FAC but it does not key the rig.  I have also tried Vox
and Auto on the Rigblaster which made no difference.

   I do use the Rig Talk device which may explain my success with MixW and
my Icom 746.  PTT for MixW is set to CAT which I cannot do (I presume) with
Win DRM.  The other settings in MixW which may pertain are:

9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, RTS = PTT and DTR = CW.

   I had similar issues with PC-ALE which I was never able to adequately
solve to enable scanning or keying using that program and eventually gave up
on it.  But it was a different computer and I have now upgraded to a Windows
XP machine that is fairly modern with plenty of RAM but only one sound card.
All of this should work and I know it must be a setting somewhere that I am
missing.

   Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Rick – KH2DF/W5

   _____